[Gllug] Cyclists (off topic)

Xander D Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Mon Aug 11 16:34:43 UTC 2003

Christopher Hunter wrote:

>On Monday 11 Aug 2003 8:59 am, Gordon Joly wrote:
>

>>At 15:59 +0100 2003/08/08, Rev Simon Rumble wrote:
>>

>>>The Grand Union Canal goes through Hemel Hempstead and Bletchley.  You
>>>might like to try cycling along it from Hemel Hempstead.  I've done
>>>the ride and it's pleasant with only the hazard of the occasional
>>>selfish angler to contend with.
>>>

>>Not to mention selfish cyclists (as seen on pavements around the UK)?
>>

>... or going the wrong way up one-way streets, or racing along pedestrian only
>footpaths, or hurtling arbitrarily into traffic without signalling....
>
>They should be licenced, taxed and properly insured!

So should pedestrians, I cycle 30 miles a day across London and
pedestrians cross when the lights tell them not to, they stand in the
cycle lanes, trying to avoid traffic and run out in front of buses,
having just dismounted the bus.  I think all people that walk on the
pavements should have large identifying plates on their back and should
be banned from leaving the house if they hold up too much traffic while
crossing roads etc. :-)

Kind regards
Xander

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk