[Gllug] GTK2 and Glib 2 not showing up

Huw Lynes huw-l at moving-picture.com
Mon Aug 11 09:37:44 UTC 2003

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 09:56:11 +0100
John Hearns <jhearns at micromuse.com> wrote:

> Also as I remember configure scripts can use a script which returns the
> version of gtk in use.
> I can't remember off my head what the script is called - something like
> gtk-version
> You can run this manually to see what the configure script thinks is on
> the system.

under gtk+2.x this is all handled by pkg-config. It rolls all the stuff that
gdk-config and gtk-config used to do into one more generic utility.

to find what it thinks is installed

	pkg-config --list-all

to find where it thinks your headers are

	pkg-config ${PACKAGE} --cflags

e.g.

	pkg-config glib-2.0 --cflags

if pkg-config cannot find things then something has gone wrong somewhere

--
| Huw Lynes               | The Moving Picture Company  |
| System Administrator    | 127 Wardour Street          |

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk