[Gllug] SGI O2 + Origin Server (an update)

David Zverina david at zverina.co.uk
Thu Aug 7 11:27:23 UTC 2003

About 3 years ago I had an Indy and played with linux on it. It wasn't
too difficult to get linux installed on it but getting it to run X was
very hard! IIRC the no framebuffer support means no possibility of
running X. FWIW those machines are really better of with IRIX. However
if you don't have a copy of it, it can be quite expensive to get. And
besides I found it frustrating to use IRIX as linux is much friendlier.
In the end I just sold it to someone who wanted to run IRIX on it.

Just my 2c worth,

Dave.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk