[Gllug] Cyclists (off topic)

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Wed Aug 13 19:40:53 UTC 2003

On Wed 13 Aug, Phil Reynolds wrote:

> > AMBER means 'Stop' at the stopline. You may go on only if the AMBER
> > appears after you have crossed the stop line or are so close to it that
> > to pull up might cause an accident
>
> What does the law say about being in that situation but the lights going
> OUT instead of AMBER? I had a very near miss the other day in just that
> situation.

   Not even a green light gives you the right to cross, you should still
ensure that it is safe to do so. The lights are not even guaranteed to be
correct, I have seen some change at random on more than one occasion (and
that does not include the lights at the Isle of Dogs roundabout), and they
often latch in one or more directions while other directions continue to
work.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk