[Gllug] Dvorak

Richard Turner richard at rj-turner.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Aug 21 00:16:44 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-08-20 at 20:14, Stig Brautaset wrote:
> On Aug 20 2003, Richard wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I'm toying with the idea of switching to using a Dvorak keyboard, but
> > see no way in Gnome to switch to UK Dvorak - obviously I don't want to
> > use a US layout.  How can I do this (Google hasn't helped so far)?
>
> There is no UK-specific Dvorak layout (afaik). I simply use this:
>
> 	http://brautaset.org/config/Xmodmap
>
> It's pretty much the `standard' Dvorak layout, but with some control
> keys added or something... Can't remember correctly now.
>
> --
> brautaset.org

Presumably it doesn't have easy access to the £ symbol though, and
gratuitously swaps the @ and " symbols over?  I know that Windows has
(had?) a UK specific Dvorak layout, but whether Linux has I've no idea.

Is it easy to create one's own layout?

Cheers,

Richard.

--
"Racing turtles, the grapefruit is winning..."