[Gllug] SCO again

Huw Lynes huw-l at moving-picture.com
Mon Aug 11 11:13:11 UTC 2003

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 11:21:36 +0100
"Martin A. Brooks" <martin at clues.ltd.uk> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I thought the group might be interested in this.  I have a friend who just
> happens to be an IP lawyer, I asked him for his casual opinion on SCO's
> actions, he was good enough to reply.

The lawyer in Linux User was talking about this also. His main point was that
SCO have in the past distributed the 2.4 kernel themselves thereby
invalidating their IP claims to the 2.4 SMP code. Seems pretty straight
forward to me but of course IANAL.

--
| Huw Lynes               | The Moving Picture Company  |
| System Administrator    | 127 Wardour Street          |

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk