[Gllug] ldap address book synchronizing problem

Simon Morris smorris at batesuk.com
Tue Aug 19 15:20:52 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-08-19 at 12:30, chanka perera wrote:
> hi,
> i configured a ldap server basically addressbook and
> try to access from M$  outlook. connection was succuss
> but my problem is it does only show users when i
> search ... it's not defaulty load the users when
> starting outlook like other addressbooks does..
> any idea why ?

Just so we all understand what your problem is...

You can search for users, or does the search fail. Also which LDAP
Server are you using (I'll assume OpenLDAP..)

It would help to enable logging for slapd so you can see what is going
on.

In /etc/syslog.conf enter the following line

local4.debug	/var/log/slapd.log

and in your slapd.conf file (/etc/ldap/slapd.conf on Debian) enter

loglevel [number]

where number is the level of logging you want to perform. Have a look at
the man page for slapd.conf for the various levels.

A wild stab in the dark at your problem would be your access control
lists for ldap are incorrect in slapd.conf, or Outlook is searching for
a different type of LDAP object.

Why not include your slapd.conf and a sample user in your next post??

Thanks

--
Simon Morris
smorris at batesuk.com