[Gllug] Even more useless spam (Was British Postal Codes )

Liam Delahunty ldelahunty at britstream.com
Sat Aug 9 20:17:59 UTC 2003

Tethys Sent: 08 August 2003 18:48

>...However, I've noticed an increase in useless spam of late. ...
>I've been getting some that just consist of
>a random bunch of words (in HTML, or course). It's like someone's
>written a program to pick random lines from /usr/share/dict/words,
>and stick them in an email to me. The most perplexing thing is that
>there's no breast/penis enlargement, investment opportuntiy, access
>to sex sites or reinforced conrete that I'm meant to be buying. I'm
>confused as to how they expect to get money out of mailing me, when
>they don't even provide contact details...

I've seen quite a lot of the same thing. There is no content what-so-ever
aside from the subject, and then (something like)

They aren't trying to download a picture, use iframes, or anything else. I
guess it's a badly configured spam tool or virus, that's mangled the
contents/payload.

kind regards,
Liam

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk