[Gllug] Re: OT'ish: BBC News Coverage and Sobig Virus

Stig Brautaset gllug at brautaset.org
Fri Aug 29 16:44:14 UTC 2003

On Aug 29 2003, Per wrote:
> Much better:

> The W-word is all over the place:
>
>   "... infecting hundreds of thousands of Windows computers ..."
>
>   "... a flaw in Microsoft Windows software which had been known about
>   since mid-July"
>
>   "... a bug in the way that many versions of Microsoft Windows handled ..."
>
> Even a highlighted list of "Affected Systems", saying "Microsoft Windows"
> five times over.-)

Did anyone spot the article in the Metro saying that MS claimed PC's
need to be redesigned to stop viruses like Sobig.F? If I put my
excessive-paranoia hat on, I can just about believe that MS produces
these viruses/worms themselves, to trick users into buying this new
"enhanced security platform" (formerly?) known as palladium...

Stig

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk