[Gllug] reduction in spam?

Liam Delahunty ldelahunty at britstream.com
Mon Aug 18 13:36:27 UTC 2003

Xander D Harkness Wrote: 18 August 2003 14:03

>I have removed all spam protection from three domains I run for a
>company as a test to see what the result would be.  These domains have
>been running for a few years.
>
>The result?
>
>I have had one spam go through today.  Where is all the spam?  Has
>anyone else noticed a reduction?

How did you deal with it before? Just filter it off or reject it with a
bounce back? If it was bounced then perhaps the spamers do pay attention to
what's coming back...

Alternatively, considering the fact that these emails aren't being opened,
(so are not triggering the HTML image trackers and tricks they use to see
what has been read), then the recipients may have been dropped by their
databases over time...

Kind regards,
Liam

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk