[Gllug] re: posts from non-subscribers

David Damerell damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Thu Aug 21 12:50:03 UTC 2003

On Thursday, 21 Aug 2003, t.clarke wrote:
>a) a straw poll on rejecting posts from non-subscribers

As far as I know it's one man, one vote. We can straw poll all we like
but none of us is the man.

>(ps:  slight quirk here that would need to be addressed;  I for example
> subscribe as 'tim1' but post from 'tim' !)

That would be up to you to correct by subscribing the second address
with mail delivery disabled. Of course this typifies the additional
complications that subscribers would face.

>b) reject posts from mail-servers with ip addresses located in Africa, China,
>   etc etc   !!

Ah, someone who believes the geographical location of an IP address is
easily determined. How quaint.

[Also note that most "Nigerian" 419 scams are operated from the
Netherlands, and that open relays may be located anywhere.]

>c) reject anything that contains the dreaded words:
>   Encoding,   text/html  etc etc  !!

This isn't so bad...

--
David Damerell <damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk> Kill the tomato!