[Gllug] Lonix

Tushar Joshi tjoshi at lonix.org.uk
Mon Dec 8 15:49:15 UTC 2003

Actually the story was I booked the Argyl arms
near next to Oxford St. Station, but as with most
pubs, the management tend to be disorganised and
incompetant. I booked the Argyl and then got a call 2 days
later just as I was about to send out an announcement
saying I had to spend a minimum of £500 otherwise I'd
have to personally make up the difference.

After complaining for a while on the phone that I should
have been told this earlier and not 2 days later, especially
since I had to send an email out about it. After a bit
I realised I wasn't talking to the manager in the
Argyl, but in the Clachan, which confused me. I ask why
and he said that the Argyl was already booked!! I told
him that nobody had informed me and he said they should have.

I called the Argyl up and his excuse was that he wasn't
near the bookings book at the time. In the end
because of this I didn't get any time to research
where, what the clachan is and sent the email out immediately.

It's the same as the October meeting, where they booked us
only 15 places for what was > 100 people in the end. Most
of which left and gave up due to lack of room. The management
of the Lowlander in Covent Garden didn't seem to care
that they had messed us around. I think we'll
use the Clachan again since it was a good venue, quiet
plenty of places to sit down and good beer and food
(better than waggamamas :op )

Tushar

On Sat, Dec 06, 2003 at 09:45:24PM +0000, Gordon Joly wrote:
> At 20:34 +0000 2003/12/03, Peter Childs wrote:
> >John Hearns wrote:
> >
> >>Just a quick correction for Lonix tomorrow.
> >>
> >>The pub must be called the Clachan,
> >>as Klachan is a bit more Klingon than Scottish.
> >>

> >   No its probably part of KDE.
> >
> >Peter Childs
> >

> <http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/show.shtml/642/>
>

> perhaps?
>
> Gordo
> --
> "Think Feynman"/////////
> http://pobox.com/~gordo/
> gordon.joly at pobox.com///
>
> --

|                 Turtle Networks Ltd.                 |
|  Unit 48, Concord Road, London W3 0TH                |
|  Tel: (020) 8992 7008     |  Fax: (020) 8992 7017    |
|  www.turtle.net           |  tjoshi at turtle.net       |

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk