[Gllug] Anyone else using the Google API?

Dean dean.wilson3 at virgin.net
Mon Dec 8 17:36:10 UTC 2003

On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 05:30:44PM +0000, Richard Jones wrote:
> Over the past few days I'm getting loads of 500 Internal Server errors
> (specifically: 500 Internal Server Error at
> /usr/share/perl5/SOAP/Lite.pm line 2834), being apparently generated
> by some code which calls the Google API.

I have a script (googlemail) that sends me the top ten sites for a
dozen or so queries, its very light on the error checking[0] but i've been
getting valid results sent to me.

Don't know if it helps but it runs at 8:30 in the morning and seems to
complete correctly. I've also just kicked it off twice by hand with no
grief. Its also using SOAP::Lite (# $Id: Lite.pm,v 1.47 2002/04/15
16:17:38 paulk Exp $) and running on perl 5.6.1

HTH
  Dean
[0] If it doesn't work i get  a mail from cron instead of the results,
either way i get feedback :)
--
Dean Wilson		http://www.unixdaemon.net
Profanity is the one language all programmers understand

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk