[Gllug] error kernel compile

Richard Cohen richard at vmlinuz.org
Mon Dec 1 20:32:05 UTC 2003

On Mon, 1 Dec 2003, Hari Pillai wrote:

> Hi All,
> While I run 'make zImage' during kernel compile, getting the error shown
> below, 'System is too big. Try using bzImage or modules'.
> Any ideas how I could rectify this..

Well... you could try using bzImage or modules :-)

bzImage is an alternative build system to zImage - the only different which
matters here is that you can have a bigger kernel.

modules means configuring some kernel options (drivers, mainly) to build as
modules, which means they don't get built into the kernel but are available
to be loaded when needed after you boot.

"make bzImage" is probably your best bet...

> Thanks in advance..
>
> Regards
> Hari

Cheers