[Gllug] Serial Ports

Peter Childs blue.dragon at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Dec 3 13:58:54 UTC 2003

	We seam to be losing information coming in from a serial port.....

	After reading all the docs they say "lower the trigger level" on
the uart from 14 to about 3. The question reads how to which they mostly
come back blankly. Some come back with change a setting in the kernel.

	14 means the trigger will not be fired until the uart buffer is
87% full which does not give one very long to service the interrupt.

	My question is why is the default so high and why do you need to
recompile the kernel to change it. One would have thought this would be a
sensible setting to place in setserial.....

Peter Childs

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk