[Gllug] Debian (apt-get)

Andy Low ace_pooper at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Dec 12 13:12:19 UTC 2003

Hi all,
Im new to Linux and even newer to Debian, anyhow I was hoping that some could point me in the right direction to help solve my problem.

Basically I tried to install a third party dep file and now every time i try to install a program I get the following error :

I used apt-get install apache, I also et this error if I try to install any app or do a apt-get -u dist-upgrade

Reading Package Lists...
Building Dependency Tree...
You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these.
  netflow: Depends: traceroute
           Depends: php4-gd
           Depends: php4-snmp but it is not installed
           Depends: nmap but it is not installed
           Depends: nmap but it is not installed
           Depends: lockfile-progs but it is not installed
           Depends: smbclient but it is not installed

Any help is very much appreciated.

many thanks

Andy

   BT Yahoo! Broadband - Save £80 when you order online today. Hurry! Offer ends 21st December 2003. The way the internet was meant to be.