[Gllug] domain name redirection

ben f ben_m_f at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Dec 16 13:36:20 UTC 2003

 --- ben f <ben_m_f at yahoo.co.uk> wrote: > Hi

> I need some help from the list here. This is dns
> related and I'm on thin ice, so bear with me...
>
> I've got a domain name and it points to some free
> web
> space with DSVR.
>
> I have adsl at home with a static ip, so I'd like to
> point my domain name's tags at that ip.

Okay, I've checked out granitecanyon.com, and
submitted a request to them for a transfer. As I
understand it, I also need to ask my current domain
registrant to "let go" of the domain and transfer
holding to granitecanyon. To do this dsvr need
granitecanyon's IPS tag. Unfortunately I cannot find
mention of this anywhere on there site.

Nominet provide the IPS tag for .uk domains using a
whois search on their site, but it won't search for
.com domains. When I use whois from the command line I
get information on granitecanyon.com, but no explicit
mention of the IPS tag.

Does anyone know how I can find this information?

Thanks again for help with this,

Ben

BT Yahoo! Broadband - Save £80 when you order online today. Hurry! Offer ends 21st December 2003. The way the internet was meant to be. http://uk.rd.yahoo.com/evt=21064/*http://btyahoo.yahoo.co.uk
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk