[Gllug] DNS and SMTP Problem

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Mon Dec 1 15:58:18 UTC 2003

On Mon 01 Dec, wendy carr wrote:

> Thank you All,
>
> I used demon to host web/mail and for internet
> connectivity.Now i've moved to plusnet with ADSL.
> All linux clients(no windows clients) use same old pop
> and smtp servers given by demon.
> If i change the outgoing smtp server to plusnets,
> should it work ?As much as i understood(little )this
> will be relaying through plusnets smtp server.
>
> cheers

   Demon add a modification line to POP3 headers to make it easier for all
destinations to correctly receive emails sent CC'd or BCC'd, and fetchmail
has the SDPS configuration to match. Do plusnet help in this way? The
problem is that all copies have the same serial number, and it is easy for
duplicate copies to be lost.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk