[Gllug] OT: BS 7799

chris.wareham at btopenworld.com chris.wareham at btopenworld.com
Thu Feb 13 16:57:54 UTC 2003

Neil Fryer <neil.fryer at 12snap.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know where I can download a copy of this?
> As I really need to read through it?

The standard can be downloaded from the BSi website, but you'll
have to pay for it first. It's also an ISO standard, but again
you'll have to pay for the download. I'd be surprised if you find
it for free on the web, as that would be breaking the copyright.

A number of firms provide standards on CD-ROM or via an online
subscription service (I built two of them in the mid-90's). It
is, or was, a lucrative earner - although the fact that BSi
finally got their act to together and provide an online way of
purchasing standards must have hit them hard.

Chris

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk