[Gllug] ADSL anyone?

rich at annexia.org rich at annexia.org
Tue Feb 4 13:05:15 UTC 2003

On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 12:47:07PM -0000, Wayne Allen wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Am about to bite the ADSL bullet with a Dlink -500 ADSL Router and Demon
> (24.00 + fixed IP) anyone any comments.... Good/bad ?? (SUSE 8.1)

A friend of mine has a DLink D-500 and is very happy with it. However
AFAIK they are not made any more - I certainly tried to buy one, but
ended up buying a crappy Alcatel Speedtouch router instead which was a
big mistake.

I'm using force9 and I also have a machine hosted on griffin.net.uk who
offer 5 static IPs for a reasonable price. Both work most of the time.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones, Red Hat Inc. (London, UK) http://www.redhat.com/software/ccm
http://www.annexia.org/ Freshmeat projects: http://freshmeat.net/users/rwmj