[Gllug] Warning: copy control CD

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Tue Feb 18 14:32:53 UTC 2003

On Tue 18 Feb, Rich Walker bloviated thus:

> You might email ADF; they'll probably be interested in this...

Actually, poking around it seems they know about it:
http://www.asiandubfoundation.com/discus/messages/1/316.html?1045166285

  By Chandrasonic on Sunday, February 09, 2003 - 06:27 pm:

Do you know this is absolute news to us!I'm outraged that you can't
play the cd on a pc!tHAT'S FUCKING dumb!!!!Unfortunately that
is,according to people I know in the company,something that's come
from the very topie. the faceless bean-counters who make all the
decisions.Our label's idea was excellent;an "open-disc " system which
contained a pc only track that could be constantly updated with new
material.However from those above them the order was for this
idiotic,counter-productive copy -control system.We,and Virgin
Labelles,of course had no control over this and i didn't even know
about it until I read your comments.OF COURSE it will hurt
sales!!!!wHO DOES THESE GUYS' market research?Don't they know the pc
is where the majority of people LISTEN to music these days??!!!They
don't realise that the situation requires an IMAGINATIVE response;from
now on,I can assure you guys that ADF are gonna rise to the challenge
on this one.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

In politics the middle way is none at all.

- John Adams