[Gllug] Freeserve e-mail variable with Mozilla/Mandrake?

Andrew Halliwell ah at gnd.com
Mon Feb 24 10:45:42 UTC 2003

> I've been having problems receiving Freeserve e-mail for over a month
> now. Most messages arrive OK but 3 contacts have sent messages on
> several occasions which never arrived and from different ISPs. I know
> Freeserve will try to blame Linux if make any attempt to rectify the
> problem from their end so I need to know if there is anything in my
> standard Mandrake setup which may be affecting dropped messages.

If you want to know if the messages actually made it to your freeserve
mailbox, look in /var/log/mail.

With a little grepping, you'll be able to search for the e-mail addresses of
the people who were dropped and see if a message DID arrive, what date, and
what the reason was for it's loss.

If it didn't make it to the freeserve mailbox, then it IS their (or another
mail relay along they way's) fault.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk