[Gllug] KMail's disappearing inbox

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Fri Feb 7 20:57:41 UTC 2003

On Sat, 2003-02-08 at 01:10, Jonathan Harker wrote:

> Or is this the final nail that will encourage me to use that Ximian Outlook
> clone or Mozilla's bloat-mail? And no, mutt and pine can go > /dev/arse

I'm admittedly biased here, but I've always disliked the preponderance
of mailstore formats available. IMHO, you're much better of setting up
and IMAP server, and then you can chop and change mail clients easily.

Personally, I'm using cyrus, which means I leave a program I can trust
in charge of manging the on-disk mailstore, and at least then when
evolution/mozilla crashes on me, they weren'y in the process of writing
to a file on disk containing all my mail....

Mike.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk