[Gllug] Apache "redirect" in .htaccess for cgi-bin wont work.

Steve Nicholson yahoogroups at yoursolutions.com
Tue Feb 18 16:19:05 UTC 2003

I'm trying to redirect parts of an old site to a new server, site is
running apache (not sure of the version).  Using the "redirect"
directive in the .htaccess file in the "htdocs" directory works nicely.
But there are some links directly to perl scripts like webcal.py that I
need to redirected to the new service and these aren't working. I'm not
trying to redirect the whole site, just particular directories and .pl
scripts (e.g. /pvt-cgi-bin/webcal.pl)

Directory structure is similar to this:
/home/htdocs/.htaccess		<-- redirect working.
/home/pvt-cgi-bin/.htaccess     <--redirect not working

The main httpd.conf has a ScriptAlias directive for pvt-cgi-bin
e.g. ScriptAlias /pvt-cgi-bin/ "/home/pvt-cgi-bin/"

Server also has fastcgi which I know nothing about.

Does anyone have any ideas why this redirect isn't working in the
"/pvt-cgi-bin/.htaccess"?  I'm sure I have the syntax correct:

redirect /pvt-cgi-bin/webcal.pl
http://www.cybercyclery.com/events/index_html

Is it because of the ScipAlias and it's not possible to have two
directives? I don't have access to change httpd.conf Am I missing
anything?

Thanks
Steve.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk