[Gllug] Zaurus and Debian

robin.c.smith at bt.com robin.c.smith at bt.com
Mon Feb 3 14:49:24 UTC 2003

Yes

It was very easy after I read the documentation.

>From memory:-

Configured - or was it patched the kernel? - for USB. I'm running 2.4.20 - I
think.
Recompiled it and installed in lilo

Added some hot something USB device monitoring program that automatically
detects the device and brings up the network, this was apt-get - sometimes
it doesn't see it so put it into the cradle powered on and check netstat
-rnv to see if the route exists - repeat until the route comes up.

I use wget on port 4242 to backup.

To restore I copy back the files and then run restart Qtopia as the apps run
all the time and have file handle open so you need to restart them to pick
up the new versions.

I'll try to find out what else I needed to know when I get home tonight.

Robin