[Gllug] [Very OT] Is Saddam a Linux fan?

Simon Morris simon.morris at penguinit.com
Fri Feb 21 22:34:13 UTC 2003

Mark Hill said:
> On Sat, Feb 22, 2003 at 10:12:09PM +0000, Simon Morris wrote:
>
>> Surely OSS and Linux would be a handy tool for that Government... Is
>> Iraq the biggest governmental user of Linux in the world,
>
> Well, the Iraqi Presidency website seems to have been written with  a
> mixture of MS Frontpage 5 and MS Frontpage Express 2.
>
> The website the server is running on looks to be Apache on *nix.

Apparently Solaris......

http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/graph/?mode_u=off&mode_w=on&site=www.uruklink.net&submit=Examine

I found a interesting article about Iraqs Internet presence:

http://www.detnews.com/2001/technews/0112/15/technology-367547.htm

Apparently only 225 subdomains under .iq and a total amount of national
bandwidth to the net of 10mbps!!!

Simon

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk