[Gllug] I've lost my RAID partition in to the ether.....

Nick Warrington nick.warrington at automationpartnership.com
Mon Feb 17 12:59:58 UTC 2003

> It is hard to believe that the data is gone.  It's possible
> that after you
> set it up, you didn't mount it, so that the data was stored on the
> containing partition, and now you have the drives mounted
> such that the
> data is hidden?  Just a quick thought.
>
> Pete

Thanks for responding Pete,

Yeah, I thought it might be a mounting anomaly too.

I have searched for the data on the unmounted mount point and by mounting
the two partitions seperately, that make up the RAID. Either way, my data is
not there. Does the content of partitions look different if mounted as a
RAID 1, or mounted as a regular Ext3 file system? I would expect to see my
/home directory either way. I did wonder whether the RAID had a different
way of representing the filesystem so that it would need to mounted as a
RAID device to be able to see anything.

Nick

MessageLabs Virus Scanning Service

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk