Printed books - was Re: [Gllug] MYSQL -

Pete Ryland pdr at pdr.cx
Wed Feb 26 09:38:06 UTC 2003

On Wed, Feb 26, 2003 at 03:14:33AM -0000, Andrew Black wrote:
> Thanks for the tip, but call me old fashioned but I find learning new
> stuff easier if I am not closetted in front of the machine.
>
> What do other people find.

Well, there are two cases to cover: reading cover to cover, and referencing.

Reading cover to cover, I find little difference between hard and soft
copies.  Referencing is another story.  While a soft copy has the advantage
of being easy to search, and follow links, a hard copy doesn't take up
screen real estate.  If I had multiple monitors/computers in front of me,
soft copy every time, documentation in one window while working in the
other.

Pete
--
Pete Ryland