[Gllug] kernel compile woes

Jim Bailey jim at freesolutions.net
Tue Feb 11 15:46:21 UTC 2003

Hi all,

I am in the process of installing gentoo on the iBook again but have run
into a few problems with compiling the kernel.

I have followed the docs in selecting the relevant modules and don't
figure that is the problem.

My problem is when I try to 'make vmlinux' it barfs with this error code

make[1]: leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.4.20-ppc-r2/drivers/video'
make: *** [_dir_drivers] Error 2

I have googled for an answer but not found anything specific, however I
have found a kml thread with a similar problem and the person was
advised to run updatedb.  When I run 'updatedb' I get the following
error message

/usr/bin/find: /etc/mtab: No such file or directory

Does anyone know what kind of pain I have gotten myself into and if
possible prod me with a pointy stick until I get going in the right
direction.

Peace Jim

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk