[Gllug] Bad websites

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Sun Feb 23 16:57:44 UTC 2003

On Sun, 23 Feb 2003, David Pashley wrote:

> > > Uh huh ... I'm waiting for someone to send me a patch to fix
> > > Konqueror support (since I don't use it myself, but people do
> > > tell me that it doesn't work).
> >
> > Have you considered outputting valid HTML?
> >
> Meow :)

Apparently it's not the HTML per se that is broken on his site - just
cookies.

I still hold to the view that using cookies or anything other than what is
actually necessary to have the site work is unwise.

I can hardly speak though as I discovered on Friday that some of the UKFSN
pages had faults that prevented them rendering on Netscrape browsers. I
had tested with Konq, Mozilla and lynx but they are forgiving whereas
netscape isn't.

I did fix the pages immediately - a matter of closing a table properly.

Jason Clifford
http://www.ukfsn.org/		Get your UKFSN T-Shirt now

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk