[Gllug] Handing out flyers this Saturday for the Installfest.

Dermot Moynihan dermoyn at onetel.net.uk
Fri Feb 14 12:06:51 UTC 2003

At 09:55 14/02/03, you wrote:

>On Fri, 14 Feb 2003, Richard Cottrill wrote:

Oh, so that's what it was. Some people could even have taken offence at that.

>Then we might
>be able to get some of them intrested....

Nah, they're all fools - out there trying to save people's lives when they
could be at home playing with their Linux boxes.

I suppose that there's a chance that people who are anti-war see the need
to change the way the world works and would consequently be very interested
in Linux. I'm anti-war and I'll certainly be at Hyde Park tomorrow (after
first dropping in at Tott Crt Rd. Must have ones priorities ;)).

Incidentally, having read a lot of the posts for the past few months I no
longer see Linux as being the great anti-capitalist thing I had at first
believed. A few months ago, if asked, I would have answered that I would
have expected most Linux devotees to be anti-capitalist and anti-war (same
thing really) and that I'd probably see them on the march. It's not
something I'd expect anymore.

It seems, at the end of the day to be just a computer Operating System. A
great operating system but none the less, an operating system.

Sad really. Because it still has the potential.

Dermot

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk