[Gllug] Bad websites

David Pashley david at parguild.co.uk
Sun Feb 23 16:42:44 UTC 2003

Formi said, and I quote:

>  Isn't fooling the web servers a bit counter-productive, you are only
>  giving them more ammunition for their pathetic excuse "101% of the
>  browsers are IE".
>
>  I always check the *nuke based sites for statistics and most of the
>  time the most used browser is IE even in the site is only about
>  GPL software. Which sounds to me like way too many people are using
>  those "get around problem tactics" that solve nothing.

Yes I suppose I am, but then I tend to complain to webmaster at domain when
ever possible. Konqueror can set the user agent on a per domain bias,
and I ony have 3 options in there atm. It is particularly useful for
proving that the site does actually work in my browser.

I do agree that it isn't the best solution.

[snip]

--
David Pashley
david at davidpashley.com