[Gllug] invisible mouse

Jeremy Tarling jelly at topdrawersausage.net
Thu Feb 27 21:52:49 UTC 2003

I've just done a new install of Woody and I have an invisible mouse, can anyone suggest what might casue this?

GDM and Gnome start up fine, and I can middle-click or right-click on the desktop to bring up menus so I know the mouse is there, I just can't see it!

According to /var/log/XFree86.0.log everything seems fine, X reads the config file and probes for and finds the mouse (no EEs).

Hardware is an HP vectra ve
Pentium III 550Mhz
Matrox G200 AGP 16MB video card
and the mouse is a Logitech pilot mouse

(this same hardware has run Slackware and RedHat with no mouse probs, so I'm thinking it's a Debian thing)

thnaks for your help
Jeremy Tarling
London E10

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk