[Gllug] Problem sending mail with squirrelmail

Andy McGarty andy at mac1systems.com
Wed Feb 5 18:59:01 UTC 2003

Hi,

I'm got a server running sendmail and squirrelmail on Redhat.  Its the first time I've used Sendmail (I'm normally a Postfix man) and I've also not used Squirrelmail before.

Anyway, I can read mail no problems.  I can send to my own domain on the box.

But when I try and send outside the server I get a host not found error.

dsn=5.1.2, stat=Host unknown (Name server: relay.clicknames.net.: host not found)

I can ping the domain, dig looks ok and I've also tried sending to other domains with the same problem.

If I use mailto then the mail gets sent and the log looks ok.

I've checked my resolv.conf and this looks fine.

I've read the squirrelmail faq and common problems plus I tried googling for  sendmail DSN problems but they just seem to point back at resolv.conf

I just don't understand why mailto works, but not squirrel, when they both go through sendmail?

Any ideas?

Andy