[Gllug] Mozilla unsupported?

Doug Winter doug at pigeonhold.com
Sat Feb 22 10:04:04 UTC 2003

On Sat 22 Feb Tethys wrote:
> >How about a register of sites that /do/ work with non-IE/non-Windows
> >browsers?  I suspect this would be more useful than the opposite, both
> >to actual users (after all, you don't care which banks don't work, you
> >want to choose one that does) and as a PR exercise - it's a "good news"
> >story, and isn't your usual whinging free software thing.
>
> Ermm... because 99.9% of sites work fine in Mozilla, so documenting
> them all would be a huge and mostly pointless task. If you're specifically
> talking about banking sites, then see:

Heh - you have a point :)

What I'm thinking of is the more complex online commerce stuff, i guess
- I regularly have problems with UK-based companies like banks and
supermarkets site's.  As soon as you leave the brochureware and
actually try and *do* something,  it all goes a bit pete tong.

d.
http://www.britishsteal.com                             doug at pigeonhold.com
key 1024D/6973E2CF print 2C95 66AD 1596 37D2 41FC  609F 76C0 A4EC 6973 E2CF
...computing's central challenge, "How not to make a mess of it," has not
been met.  -- Edsger W. Dijkstra, March 2001