[Gllug] kernel compile woes

Jim Bailey jim at freesolutions.net
Tue Feb 11 18:24:47 UTC 2003

On Tue, Feb 11, 2003 at 05:33:23PM +0000, Andrew Halliwell wrote:

> > Jim Bailey writes:
> >
> > >make[1]: leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.4.20-ppc-r2/drivers/video'
> > >make: *** [_dir_drivers] Error 2
> >
> > Can we have a few more lines of surrounding context?
>
> Yeah, the last line is never the one that caused the error.
> That's just make climbing down out of the tree where the error occurred.
> If you look up, you'll find a specific file that's causing the compile
> error.

Thanks I switched my brain on after I had posted and figured that it was
something to do with the LCD backlight option in the macintosh devices
directory.  Found out I hadn't included LCD screen option.  Included
that still no joy.  Removed them both it works.  No details in the help
for either those options, though it makes sense if you have a laptop
with a LCD screen and backlight to include them, at least to me.

I remain confused however as to why it failed to compile the kernel
because of it.

Now I've got source code compiling I just have to mess about with the kernel
options until I get a sucessful boot.

Peace Jim

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk