[Gllug] Mandrake boot stalls at "Starting PCMCIA" on Toshiba Satellite Z-14

Garry Heaton garry at heaton6.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Feb 5 11:52:33 UTC 2003

I just loaded Mandrake 9 on the 2nd partition of a new Toshiba Satellite
Z-14 with Windows XP Pro on the 1st. Everything installed without a
hitch and, as usual, I put LILO on the / partition (hda6) ready to
create a linux.bin file after the first floppy boot and install under
C:\ inside the Windows XP Pro partition so that Linux appears in the DOS
boot menu.

When I booted from the floppy for the first time, however, the boot
stalled at:

Starting PCMCIA

Same result when I rebooted. Anyone know what the problem might be?

Garry Heaton

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk