[Gllug] Handing out flyers this Saturday for the Installfest.

David Damerell damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Mon Feb 17 11:00:21 UTC 2003

On , 17 Feb 2003, Nix wrote:
>On Fri, 14 Feb 2003, David Damerell moaned:
>>Not at all. The "libertarian" position is actually a properatarian
>>one; ie, that property rights are somehow sacred and the sole function
>>of government is to protect them.
>`Anarchist/archist' are better labels for the division, I'd say, tagging
>the degree of control over one's life (as opposed to *service provision*
>which is the left-right split) that a government should impose.

Except that "libertarians" are not anarchists, since they favour
enforcement of property rights and contracts and suchlike -
essentially, the structure of full-on capitalism. Anarchists tend to
support the existence of personal property, but not the accumulation
of artificially vast quantities of wealth.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk