[Gllug] Linux on an IBM Thinkpad R30

Formi formi at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Feb 3 14:19:00 UTC 2003

 I've been hearing a lot about issues with acpi support both on Linux
 and BSDs.

 This guy seems to be have worked it out using apm.

 http://uhoreg.ca/thinkpadr30linux.html

 My advice is to find about the kernel acpi support and disable it, then
 enable apm. Also try to find if you do need a fat partition for the
 hibernation file.

 Best place to look at is the IBM site.

 You might find some info in the docs of tpctl, a linux interface to the
 IBM Thinkpad BIOS, is listed in sourceforge.net

 Also it seems that IBM has decided to completely outsource the building
 of the ThinkPads, and many people think that their quality has  dropped a
 lot since.

 A really love my two TPs, of course I would never buy a brand new one.

 Formi
 FreeBSD 4.7 ThinkPad 570
 Linux Registered User #235743

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk