[Gllug] Another Mozilla Question

Tethys tet at accucard.com
Thu Feb 27 15:59:14 UTC 2003

chris.wareham at btopenworld.com writes:

>And if I was feeling belligerent, which I normally am, I'd say
>that the demise of faces was a good thing. It's just an older more
>entrenched version of that annoying "vcard" thing or whatever it's
>called. A waste of bandwidth in other words.

True, but the amount is adds is pretty negligible. For example,
a sample messages culled from this list has 204 bytes of X-Face
header information, but it also has 178 bytes of spam status
headers and 454 bytes of list info metadata. The face adds just
over 4% to the size of the header, and hence is (in my book) an
acceptable gain. Or maybe I'm just being belligerent because I've
had a shitty day at work, and just want someone to argue with :-)

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk