[Gllug] Bad websites

rich at annexia.org rich at annexia.org
Fri Feb 21 09:06:54 UTC 2003

On Fri, Feb 21, 2003 at 01:28:49AM +0000, Mike Brodbelt wrote:

> I hadn't seen this until one of my users at work pointed it out to me -
> go to www.marksandspencer.com with Moz, Opera, Netscape 7+, and you get
> a silly "unsupported browser" page. While they're hardly the only site
> designed by idiots, they do have one of the more brain-damaged redirects
> around. Particularly ironic is that they support Netscape 6, but not 7,
> or Moz.
>
> Flames to customer.care at marks-and-spencer.com.

My current hates:

www.Argos.co.uk (crap shop anyway, but ...)
www.Nectar.com

The Nectar site is actually so badly implemented I wonder if the
authors ought to be allowed to build sites in future. It's kind of
like if I asked someone to build me a house and none of the doors or
windows would shut properly, the roof leaked, and eventually the whole
house collapsed. There's definitely an argument in the two sites above
for web site designers being licensed by a proper professional
institute.

Here's some rather more direct action you can take:

http://www.annexia.org/text/logscreaming/index.msp

Rich.

--
Richard Jones, Red Hat Inc. (London, UK) http://www.redhat.com/software/ccm