[Gllug] Installing apache2 on debian unstable

Mark Fowler mark at twoshortplanks.com
Thu Feb 6 15:04:28 UTC 2003

Hello.

I'm trying to install apache2 in order to run a subversion server, but the
usual apt-get doesn't seem to be working[1].  Now, this isn't a great
surprise as apache2 comes in many forms and I'm being really thick this
afternoon so I'm not entirely sure what I'm supposed to be doing.

Now I don't want you guys to solve my issue, but I was wondering if you
could simply point me at where I can find the relevant documentation.  I
tried using google, but it wasn't helpful for once.

Thanks.

Mark.

[1] Okay, I installed "subversion-server" and tried "/etc/init.d/apache2
start" and that didn't work, so I tried apt-getting "apache2-mpm-prefork"
and tried starting apache2 again, still no joy...

--
#!/usr/bin/perl -T
use strict;

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk