Fw: RE: [Gllug] Deliberate Opera fudging by Microsoft

Alan Peery peery at io.com
Wed Feb 12 01:13:19 UTC 2003

Ashley Evans wrote:

>Has there yet been any "official" MS response to this?

A good friend who works at MSNBC fired up his copy of Opera 7.01 Monday,
and then sent me an email saying it works.  Opera 6.0 had a weirdness
that MSN was working around, 7.0 wasn't weird anymore, so web pages
seemed broken. ((http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=53008&cid=5243652))

 From the description at the link above, I think MSN rather deserve
praise for making it work nicely with Opera 6.0.

Alan

Alan Peery -- peery at io.com
Mankind is led into the darkness beyond our world by the inspiration
of discovery and the longing to understand.  Our journey into space
will go on.  -- President Bush, Feb 1 2003

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk