[Gllug] SUSE YAST updates and dialup servers

Simon A. Boggis simon at dcs.qmul.ac.uk
Sun Feb 2 16:22:40 UTC 2003

On Sun, 2003-02-02 at 14:30, wayne.allen wrote:
> Can anyone tell me what YAST actually does during online update? I am
> looking to produce a script I can run that will contact a a server,
> download the patches and then apply them,
>
> Secondly if I want to run a dialup server i.e. dial into my machine,
> what doe I need to run? I get the impression I need to use mgetty but
> tyhis seem to be a bit confused when I search for material
>

> Any ideas?
>

> Wayne

The Linux Documentation Project (http://www.tldp.org) has a Modem HOWTO
which looks like it covers what you want -
http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/Modem-HOWTO

Simon

Dr Simon A. Boggis                                  Systems Programmer
Department of Computer Science,                     Tel. 020 7882 7522
Queen Mary, University of London, London E1 4NS UK.
---- GPG public key <http://www.dcs.qmul.ac.uk/~simon/#publickey> ----

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk