[Gllug] would it be appropriate for me to discuss my new software on the 1st March

Nicholas Harris nickharris42 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Feb 12 16:54:15 UTC 2003

I am not a Linux user, nor have I ever visited a group
before. So I am wary of inadvertently breaking some
rule of social ettiquette, by planning to come to the
Install Fest at Westminster University on 1st March 03
do get some early feedback on my so far, top secret,
software project.

It is a... large... idea which I have been designing
and refining in an open-ended way (in response to new
developments in software) since 1988.

This is not an advertisment, as that would imply that
I had something finished to sell.

My design unifies many vogue ideas (and is fully
buzz-word compliant), the most significant of which
are

* incremental software development environment
* entirely new Graphical User Interface metaphor
* new open-source licence
* entirely new programming language (not like C)

Basically, I will be hoping to discuss the details at
the meeting with anyone who is receptive to new ideas,
and look forward to your contructive feedback and
pragmatic suggestions.

By the way, this will be the first time I have spoken
to strangers about this, so I may seem... weird.

http://uk.my.yahoo.com

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk