[Gllug] Binary Only Modules are a cheap trick (was webcams onlinux)

Tethys tet at accucard.com
Thu Feb 20 10:34:15 UTC 2003

"George Saxby" writes:

>Ah, but would you pay a slightly higher price to cover the research involved?

I already pay over the odds for my hardware, because I want stuff that
works properly, not just "works well enough". Thus I have a real modem,
and SCSI disks, CD writers and scanners, a genuine PostScript printer,
and so on. To me, it's worth the higher price, so yes, I'd pay more to
be able to go to a "guaranteed to work with Linux" hardware shop.

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk