[Gllug] Secure FTP Server

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Tue Feb 25 16:40:18 UTC 2003

On Tuesday, Feb 25, 2003, at 12:28 Europe/London, Neil Fryer wrote:

> Hi All
>
> Can anyone recommend a stable secure FTP server?
> As I am currently leaning towards Pro-FTP but please tell me if there's
> something better out there?

SFTP. You can install it chrooted, if you care about that sort of
thing, but you'll need to apply patches. If sending the passwords in
plain across the network is okay for you, then you might want to look
at Pure FTP. Also chrootable, and reasonably secure as far as these
things go.

HTH, HAND.

Simon

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk