[Gllug] Turning off screensaver

Jonathan Dye jonathan.dye at automationpartnership.com
Mon Feb 3 12:18:42 UTC 2003

Hi,

Is there any way to turn off the blanking of the text console?

We have a machine that keeps dying and it doesn't have a keyboard or monitor
plugged into it normally.  I'd like to be able to plug in a monitor when it
has died and see if there are any messages on the screen.  The problem is
that the screen is blanked and needs a keypress to wake up.  It's not really
a very important machine and it would be inconvenient to plug a keyboard and
monitor in permanently but if turning off the screen blanking is non-trivial
i'll do it.

JD

MessageLabs Virus Scanning Service

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk