[Gllug] Marks and Sparks

Roger Whittaker roger at suse.co.uk
Fri Feb 21 14:04:40 UTC 2003

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 13:53:39 -0000
From: E-Commerce at marks-and-spencer.com
To: roger at suse.co.uk
Subject: RE: Web site

Dear Mr Whittaker

I regret that the website, www.marksandspencer.com, does not currently allow
access from Mozilla and Opera browsers.  We continue to work with our
development teams to offer a wider range of browser support and are pleased
to announce that Netscape 6 and 7 have been unblocked and may be used to
access the site.

I do appreciate that it is frustrating to be denied access to a site purely
on the basis of the browser application you have selected and can assure you
that the decision to take such action was made for valid reasons.  As a
retailer, Marks & Spencer has a vested interest in solving these issues and
we will strive to do so to the satisfaction of our users.

I further regret, that for policy reasons, I am unable to elucidate the
nature of the issue.

Kind regards

The Marks & Spencer Online Team

Registered Office:
Marks & Spencer p.l.c
Michael House, Baker Street,
London, W1U 8EP
Registered No. 214436 in England and Wales.

Telephone (020) 7935 4422
Facsimile (020) 7487 2670

www.marksandspencer.com

The registered office of Marks and Spencer Financial Services PLC, Marks and Spencer Unit Trust Management Limited, Marks and Spencer Life Assurance Limited and Marks and Spencer Savings and Investments Limited is Kings Meadow, Chester, CH99 9FB.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk