[Gllug] redhat-config-printer: I can't configure a working printer!

Thomas Charles Robinson robinstc at ocean.com.au
Tue Feb 18 10:26:12 UTC 2003

Hi,

I've upgraded to Red Hat 8.0 and now I can't configure a working
printer. Previously I had both a local and a samba printer working
perfectly. Now when I use redhat-config-printer, the configured printer
will print neither an ASCII nor a postscript test page. I can't print
from the command-line either. Here are some of the packages I have
installed on my system:

ghostscript-7.05-20
ghostscript-fonts-5.50-7
redhat-config-printer-0.4.24-1
foomatic-1.9-1.20020617.6
Omni-foomatic-0.7.0-6
Omni-0.7.0-6

The local printer is a HP Laserjet 4. I have used the 'ljet4' driver
from the database. The samba printer is a HP 2000C.

The 'gs -h' command shows the 'ljet4' driver but not the 2000C.

Am I missing some packages or have I got something else wrong? I'm
really stuck here. Can someone tell me what other information you need
to know and I will send it. Can someone please help?

Thanks and regards,

Tom

--

Every time I think I know where it's at, they move it.

--

The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of
zeal, well-meaning but without understanding. -- Justice Louis D.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk